Journeyman Automotive Service Technician
Join our team! Toyota Northwest Edmonton is a vibrant and fun group of people; we have a great time and we are exploding with growth! We need great people to share our vision, our passion and to join us on the journey. Currently we are seeking applications for the critical position of Journeyman Automotive Service Technician.
Provincial automotive technician licence (Red Seal preferred) or equivalent experience.
BASIC JOB SUMMARY:
The technician is responsible for performing the maintenance related servicing or repair of customer and dealership vehicles as assigned by service management, service advisors or internal representative (delivery coordinator).
- Maintain an appropriate level of personal grooming and hygiene.
- Wear uniforms as specified by service management.
- Arrive at work, take breaks, and depart work at the times designated by management.
- Utilize a daily time ticket as instructed by service management.
- Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare or integrity of any dealership staff, customers, or the dealership itself.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Professionally service and/or repair vehicles assigned.
- Complete all work in accordance with the applicable safety requirements and published procedures.
- Document services and repairs completed by making appropriate notes showing detailed "condition, cause and remedy".
- Document additional (upsold) needed maintenance a/o repairs showing detailed "condition, cause and remedy".
- Use seat covers, fender covers and steering wheel covers as directed by service management (individual stores may opt out of the steering wheel covers - service manager discretion).
- Dispose of fluids and chemicals safely in accordance with established Toyota dealer & Alberta Environment guidelines.
- Maintain an inventory of standard automotive technician tools required to perform all services and repairs and which are not inventoried by the Dealership as "Special Service Tools - SST's". All tools must be kept in good working order.
- Utilize standard operating procedures to perform maintenance services as directed by the Toyota TSM standard & service management.
- Return customer's vehicles in the same or better condition than they were prior to servicing.
- Complete TU online TecSmart training courses in a timely manner as directed by service management.
- Attend classroom training courses as directed by service management.
- Review all applicable service bulletins and keep up-to-date on other technical publications as made available by service management.
- Test drive vehicle prior to service or repair (Express Lube service is exempt from test drives unless specifically requested by the customer).
- Verify repair by operating repaired component several times.
- Test drive vehicle after the service or repair is completed in the same or equivalent conditions that were causing the issue previously to confirm a proper repair.
- Complete the quality control inspection form if there is a "QC" OP code on the repair order and the form is attached to the repair order.
- Attach and complete a quality control inspection form to the repair order when the customer complaint could not be duplicated (NFF as signed off on by the shop foreman a/o service manager) and no repair was performed.
- If the technician is the last individual to drive the vehicle, removal of the paper floor mat, seat cover & steering wheel cover (if used by the dealership).
- Daily cleaning & organizing of the technician's bay.
- Assistance in keeping the tool room clean and organized.
- Assistance in keeping all shop tools & equipment in proper working order and advising when repairs or replacement of equipment is required.
- Utilize control boards a/o dispatch system to obtain repair orders.
- Utilize control boards or systems (MPI) to communicate additional needed repairs to service advisors.
- Utilize control boards to communicate completed repair orders (MPI flags, mail system, etc).
- Provide the administrative assistance necessary to complete warranty claims. Key element for technicians are the detailed completion of the CCR (condition, cause and remedy).
This is a full-time position. Toyota Northwest Edmonton offers advancement, competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, an employee assistance program, as well as employee discounts within Toyota Northwest Edmonton. If you think you have the personality and skills to be successful apply today!
Send in your resume, and tell us about yourself and what you could bring to our company. We are always on the lookout for talented, motivated people to join our team, and we will examine all applications without delay and contact those qualified for an interview.
We look forward to hearing from
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com